Tuesday 20 May 2014

Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple sclerosis (MS) can present from any age, however has peak influence at 25 – 35 years. The course of the illness is unpredictable, and is twice as common in women as in men. The course of the disease ranges from a single transient neurological deficit with full recovery to permanent disability within weeks or onset. Many people remain mobile and can live a near-normal life.

MS is a demyelinating disease that has immune mediated destruction of myelin as the primary pathological finding, with relative sparing of the other elements of the CNS. It has episodes of acute neurological disturbance, affecting non-contiguous (unconnected) parts of the CNS, are separated by periods of remission. The disease can be progressive in nature and initially, recovery following a relapse is normally complete. However some attacks do not recover completely and leave remains of continuing disability.

Classification

·      Benign MS
·      One or two relapses, separated by some considerable time, allowing full recovery and not resulting in disability
·      Relapsing Remitting MS
·      Characterised by a course of recurrent discrete relapses, interspersed by periods of remission when recovery is either complete or partial
·      Secondary Progressive MS
·      Progressive deterioration after relapses and remissions, with or without identifiable relapses where disability increases even when no relapse is apparent
·      Primary Progressive MS
·      Typified by progressive and cumulative neurological deficit without remission or evident exacerbation

Early Signs & Symptoms

·      Visual loss
·      Double vision
·      Weakness
·      Numbness
·      Imbalance
·      Slurred speech
·      Nystagmus (rapid involuntary mvts of the eyes)
·      Intention tremor
·      Trigeminal neuralgia (intermittent stabbing pain in the face)

Signs & Symptoms During MS

·      Fatigue
·      Optic atrophy
·      Opthalmoplegia, with facial sensory and motor symptoms
·      Cerebellar disease causing nystagmus, ataxia and tremor
·      Hypertonia
·      Spasticity
·      Pain
·      Tremor
·      Weakness
·      Brisk reflexes
·      Impaired walking ability
·      Sphincter disturbances
·      Psychiatric and psychological disturbances
·      Possibly epilepsy (generally focal)

Symptoms are exacerbated by heat and cold.

Physiotherapy Interventions

·      Stretching
·      Reduce hypertonia
·      Active exercise
·      Retraining function
·      Muscle strengthening
·      Retraining of balance and co-ordination
·      Maintaining ROM
                           Therapeutic exercises causing fatigue were widely thought to be damaging and the consensus is that moderate exercise is appropriate but that too much, which precipitates fatigue, is too much. Exercises can lead to worsened motor impairments, however leads to significantly less deterioration.
                           Weight-resisted exercises are deemed inappropriate.
                           Aerobic exercises aim to increases overall physical activity and cardiovascular effort, prevent general muscular weakness and reduce health risks due to deconditioning and disuse.
·      Walking aids
·      Aims to maintain ambulation
·      Need to avoid postural instability and deformity with long term use
·      Hydrotherapy
·      Inconclusive. Similar argument to on land exercises.
·      Heat & cold
·      Heat aids muscle stretching exercises
·      May exacerbate clinical and subclinical deficits
·      Cold could further compromise circulation with vasoconstriction
·      Electrotherapy
·      As an adjunct to active exercise and stretching
·         Is not suitable for all MS patients

5 comments:

  1. Good Work,Keep Posting,

    The best Nursing Colleges in Bangalore, India. We offer B.Sc., Post Basic B.Sc. and M.Sc. nursing courses with modern tools & lab facilities.
    Best Nursing Colleges in Bangalore | Best Pre University Colleges in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2015, and I was a woman of 50. They put me on Rebif which I took until 2017 and was switched to Copaxone. I had two relapses on Rebif, none so far on Copaxone. I do notice my balance was getting worse, and my memory, i had no choice to sick for other solution and I was introduce to multivitamincare .org which I purchase the MS herbal formula from the org, the herbal supplement has successfully get rid of my multiple sclerosis and reversed all symptoms after using the herbs as the Dr said , this is almost a miracle and do believe multivitamincare .org herbal cure will be recognize globally because am sure the world are yet to see their wonderful work.


























































      Delete
  2. I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2348142454860. website. hpps:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    Dr Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
    HIV
    Herpes
    Cancer
    Chronic Disease
    Asthma
    Parkinson's disease
    External infection
    Als
    multiple sclerosis disease
    Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea
    Heart Disease
    Diabetes
    Kidney Disease
    Lupus
    Epilepsy
    Stroke
    Eczema
    Eating Disorder
    Back Pain. etc
    contact him for your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here to give my testimony how I was cured from HIV, I contacted my HIV via blade. A friend of my use blade to peel of her finger nails and drop it where she use it, so after she has left i did know what came unto me i looked at my nails, my nails were very long and I took the blade which she just used on her own nails to cut of my finger nails, as i was maintaining my names, i mistakenly injured myself. I did even bother about it, so when I got to the hospital the next week when i was ill the doctor told me that I am HIV positive, i wondered where did i got it from so i remembered how I use my friend blade to cut off my hand so i feel so sad in my heart to the extent that i don’t even know what to do, so one day i was passing through the internet i met a testimony of a lady that all talk about how she was cured by a doctor called DR Imoloa so i quickly emailed the doctor and he also replied to me and told me the requirements which i will provide and I do according to his command, he prepare a herbal medicine for me which I took. He message me the following week that i should go for a test which i did to my own surprise i found that i was HIV negative. He also have cured for all kinds of incurable diseases like: Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, Addison's disease, Chronic Disease, Crohn's Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Fungal Nail Disease, Paralysis, Celia Disease , Lymphoma, Major Depression, Malignant Melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's Disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscle Dystrophy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer Disease and so many. Thanks to him once more the great doctor that cured me dr. Imoloa so you can also email him via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2347081986098. / website- www.drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com. God Bless you Sir.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete