Monday 14 October 2013

Achilles Tendonosis

Chronic and degenerative microtears to the Achilles tendon by repetitive activity. It is 11% of all running injuries.

Causes
  • Overuse
  • Running on hard surfaces
  • Overpronation (oblique angle of the tendon)
  • Strong gastroc and soleus with a weak achilles

Symptoms
  • Pain on tendon during exercise
  • Crepitus on movement
  • Pain and stiffness in the morning
  • Pain ascending stairs

Treatment
  • Eccentric contractions of gastroc
    • Raise onto tiptoes bilaterally
    • Lower one foot off the side of a step
  • 5 x 20 secs gastroc stretch
  • Ice achilles
  • Sports massage
    • Scissoring technique to form s shape with Achilles

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete