Friday 11 October 2013

Nerve Root Compression

Pressure on nerve root by prolapsed disc. Most common in posterolateral direction.

Causes
  • Heavy lifting
  • Awkward bending
  • Sneezing (this amazes me)

Symptoms
  • Numbness
  • Weakness (with deep compression hits motor neurones)
  • Sensory loss
  • Pins and needles

Treatment
  • Manipulation (read current research for location, debate surrounding origin of pain)
  • Active rest (circulation required)
  • Traction (decompression of spine)
  • Massage
  • Discectomy in extreme cases

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete